LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
System Engineering Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The position will support to assist the Low Earth Orbit (LEO) Division performing system engineering and design activities.
The position requires expert knowledge in several system engineering areas and disciplines covering requirements, architectural design and detailed definition of subsystems, and their functions, performance, interfaces and operations activities.
The Key person will carry out tasks which support activities typically related to Phase B/C of
a space programme in the area of system design engineering and architecture definition. The
Key person will work within the Sentinel-6/Jason-CS project, with potential support to other
The Key person will perform system engineering activities such as:
• Requirements engineering, which consists in requirement analysis and validation,
requirement allocation, and requirement maintenance;
• Functional analysis and architecture design applying system modelling engineering
methods and techniques;
• Sub-segment components specification;
• Interface and data structures and flows definition;
• Design, build and configuration which results in a physical architecture, described by its
complete functional, physical and software characteristics;
• System analysis, which is performed for the purpose of resolving requirements conflicts,
decomposing and allocating requirements, assessing system effectiveness;
• Performance of trade studies for assessing effectiveness, risk, cost and planning.
In the performance of these tasks, the Key person shall apply the EUMETSAT configuration and change control procedures as well as the relevant system engineering standards, quality management procedures and maintenance procedures.
The actual work will be released and defined in terms of scope, period, tasks, and deliverables in individual Work Packages.