Venus Express Spacecraft Operations Engineer
|Project ||Venus Express |
|Required Start Date ||01.10.2010 |
|Duration ||Until December 2012 (mission extension till end 2014 possible) |
|Submission Deadline ||06.08.2010 |
|Location ||ESOC |
|Technical Requirements ||The Venus Express Mission Control Team requires a Spacecraft Operations Engineer (SOE) to provide operations support primarily for mission planning and ground software operations. The SOE will work within the VEX Flight Control Team (FCT) under the direct management of the VEX Spacecraft Operations Manager. |
The candidate shall:
- Be required to work with the VEX Mission Planning System including managing functionality development and test, operational rules implementation and keeping configuration control.
- Be required to take prime responsibility of a platform subsystem and back up of at least 1 spacecraft/ground subsystems (MPS and/or Data Handling and/or Power&Thermal and/or AOCS and/or TT&C and/or Payload).
- Be required to write and maintain operational procedures (in MOIS) and reports.
- Be required to work as on-duty operations engineer supervising operations conduction and as operations planner on rotation shifts (every 6 weeks aprox).
- Be required to operate the VEX Main Control System based on SCOS 2000 to monitor and control spacecraft operations.
- Be assertive, communicative and able to work in team in a multinational environment.
- Be able to learn new skills and adapt to the VEX operations environment within 3 months.
- Be able to actively participate in the relevant technical meetings and teleconferences.
|Academic Requirements ||Suitable candidates should hold a university degree in engineering, science or related subject and have a good level of computer skills, including programming knowledge. |
|Specific Requirements ||Experience/knowledge in the following fields would be a disctinct advantage: |
- Ground operations(S2K+MOIS+Simsat), mission planning and automation.
- Spacecraft hardware, software and operations.