BepiColombo Spacecraft Operations Engineer
| || |
Required Start Date
|Until March 2015 |
The BepiColombo Mission Control Team requires an experienced Spacecraft Operations Engineer to prepare and conduct the mission operations. The selected candidate will report to the BepiColombo Spacecraft Operations Manager.
The SOE will take part in the typical tasks of mission preparation and implementation of the relevant Ground Segment during the Mission Preparation Phase and will support the Flight Operations after launch, carrying out all standard SOE tasks:
Services to be provided
The SOE will focus in particular on AOCS and on Mission Control System development. The SOE will also be in charge of operations preparation for one or more payloads. Depending on the mission phase, the workload and the composition of the team, the SOE will also support other areas, such as operations preparation for other spacecraft subsystems, and spacecraft system-level testing using the BepiColombo engineering model.
Candidates should hold a University degree in Engineering, Science or related subjects and relevant professional experience in spacecraft operations.
The candidate should have the following qualities:
- Hands-on experience in spacecraft operations, in particular in the Avionics area
- Hands-on experience in ground systems integration and testing <-[if gte mso 9]> <-[endif->
- Familiarity with the ESOC environment
- Familiarity with ground systems and facilities required to support spacecraft operations
- Be fluent in English, both in speech and writing.
- Be system-minded
- Be able to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Be able to work independently with little or no supervision.
| Desirable |
- Good spacecraft subsystem knowledge, in particular at platform level.
- Operational experience with interplanetary missions
- Hands-on experience in satellite integration and testing
| || |