The Engineer will work in the Operations and User Services Department and will be assigned to provide operations expertise and support to one or more platform subsystems and/or payload instruments, depending on his or her experience and the overall team needs.
The Engineer will also participate in coordinating the satellite operations activities of other team members and external teams responsible for on-board software management, simulator support, mission control, mission planning, flight dynamics and ground stations. Furthermore, the Engineer will support system and operations preparation activities for Metop-C, for Metop Second Generation satellites and possibly also for Sentinel-3 and Jason-CS.
The main tasks will be:
· Support to the routine operations of Metop A, - B and preparing for Metop-C, comprising: Provision of operational expertise to one or more platform subsystems and/or payload instruments
· Maintain the corresponding operations documentation and flight procedures, including the update and operational validation of procedures releases in a configuration controlled environment
· Perform trending and performance analysis on the corresponding subsystems and instruments, including definition and possibly prototyping of additional analysis checks where necessary
· Investigations into satellite anomalies. This may require a close co-operation with the Operations Support Entity (in ESTEC and Industry)
· Participation in the satellite on-call support rota
· Identification and support to implementation of system and process improvements concerning the Metop Spacecraft Operations Team responsibilities and interfaces
· Support to the system and operations preparation of Metop Second Generation satellites:
o Provide inputs and/or review the definition of system and satellite operational concepts
o Review space to ground interface specifications and flight operations manuals
o Support the definition of tools and processes required to prepare for and operate the satellites.
o Support to the system and operations preparation of other LEO satellites
o Provide operations preparation support as required to the Sentinel-3 and Jason-CS developments.