The ExoMars Flight Control Team requires Spacecraft Operations Engineers to prepare and conduct mission operations. The selected candidates will report to the ExoMars Spacecraft Operations Manager (SOM).
Both SOEs will take part in the typical tasks of mission preparation and implementation of the relevant Ground Segment during the Launch Preparation Phase and will support the Flight Operations after launch, carrying out all standard SOE tasks:
- Familiarize with the ExoMars 2016 Mission characteristics and support operational analyses of the mission.
- Support to the development, integration and validation of the ground systems and facilities required for ExoMars.
- Support Project in reviews of spacecraft system, subsystem and payload documentation regarding operational aspects.
- Provide operations support to the Spacecraft Operations Manager at Systems & Spacecraft level for mission management and mission planning.
- Prepare and validate nominal and contingency procedures for flight and for spacecraft testing on ground.
- Support the SVT, SOVs, Ground Segment Integration Tests, Training and Simulations.
- Participate in LEOP and Mission Critical operations
- Support in-flight operations, including nominal, critical, contingency and on-call support.
- Support off-line evaluation of the spacecraft in-flight performance
- Support the definition, implementation and testing of ESOC internal and external interfaces.
In the area of TGO and EDM your main responsibility will be on Trace Gas Orbiter (TGO) payload and Entry Descent and Landing Demonstrator Module (EDM) operations, including preparation of interface documentation for TGO Science and EDM payload operations, preparation of procedures and mission phase timelines.
For GNC the main responsibility of the SOE will be on spacecraft Guidance Navigation and Control (GNC) subsystem, preparation of system procedures and mission phase timelines as well as definition, implementation and testing of internal interfaces to Flight Dynamics.