Remote Sensing Expert/Topography - Sent-3 (m/f)
| || |
Required Start Date
31st December 2014
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Remote Sensing Expert/Topography for Sentinel-3
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
· The Remote sensing expert for the topography mission (RSE/T) shall support the calibration and validation (cal/val), quality control and performance optimisation of the operational marine products from the topography instruments suite (SRAL, MWR and precise orbit determination) on Sentinel-3.
· Implement and test cal/val and performance monitoring procedures hosted in the S-3 PDGS data processing infrastructure and EUMETSAT computing facilities.
· Report on product quality and performance, contribute to the investigation, diagnostic and solution of quality issues, as well as to the improvement of the topography products.
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
· Proven experience in calibrating, validating or deriving geophysical products from satellite altimeter data in marine research or operations.
· Knowledge and experience of the C++ language and with satellite product visualisation and assessment tools.
· Knowledge of precise orbit determination from ranging or GNSS.
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 31st December 2014 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |