LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
PRS Scheduler Consultancy Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The position will provide scheduling support for the Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) Department:
The Key Person will be integrated within the PRS Division into the Project Planning and Control Team (PPC) for the OPS and TSS Departments. The general task of the Key Person will be to assist the PRS PPC Team in the implementation and maintenance of the TSS schedules and related scheduling and reporting processes.
The following activities shall be performed:
· Establish, coordinate and monitor all planning and scheduling across the TSS Department (multi-mission infrastructure planning, products and services, projects planning etc…) including maintenance/evolution of ground segment systems, operational projects and development/evolution of observational products related activities;
· Generate, monitor and control TSS projects portfolio planning and schedules produced as part of the TSS multi-projects management system;
· Assist team leaders in the planning of resources and generate reporting on resource usage/availability;
· Develop and analyse schedule performance indicators.
· Establish a set of schedule trackers, metrics and performance indicators allowing to manage efficiently a portfolio of projects and report on the allocation of resources in a matrix support environment;
· Maintain the schedule documentation and update the multi-projects planning database in coordination with the schedule responsible;
· Document schedule assumptions, modifications, deviations, risks, critical path and milestone trend evolution;
· Ensure that all schedule conflicts are resolved;
· Contribute to schedule review meetings with relevant teams and participate in meetings to understand status of activities, as necessary:
- organise the weekly planning and scheduling meetings;
- provide planning for management meetings;
- support reporting reviews, actions and recommendations;
· Liaise with the Operations Planner for coordinating and maintaining operations planning and projects;
· As relevant, provide planning support to major programme activities including the preparations for the launch and commissioning of new satellites;
· Ensure all plans and schedules are distributed both internally and also to relevant external partners/entities using email, Intranet and Extranet;
· Prepare and contribute to reports – monthly progress report, technical reports – as necessary.