LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Project Management Support
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The EUMETSAT Technical and Scientific Support Department (TSS) provides support to operations of existing satellite systems and to the development of new programmes. Currently EUMETSAT operates the Meteosat Transition Programme (MTP) space and ground satellite system, the Meteosat Second Generation (MSG) and the EUMETSAT Polar System (EPS) space and ground (satellite) systems. In addition, EUMETSAT is contributing to the operation of a number of other missions, such as JASON, NPP, Oceansat and is providing the EARS (EUMETSAT ATOVS Retransmission Service) service. The focus of routine operations at EUMETSAT is the provision, by effective utilisation of all elements of the space and ground systems, of timely and reliable operational services to the users.
For the future, several new missions are in preparation such as Meteosat Third Generation (MTG), EPS Second Generation (EPS SG), Sentinel 3 and others.
Within TSS, the System Engineering and Projects Division (SEP) is in charge of providing coherent and cost-efficient engineering support to the development and operations of EUMETSAT ground segments for existing and future missions:
1) Support the MME Systems Upgrade Project Manager in preparing a dedicated MME Systems Upgrade Project breakdown structure and derive the associated Development and Management Plan (DMP). The DMP shall describe:
•The development logic including the interrelation with its related programme and with other MME Systems Upgrade Projects
•The organisation of the project and the agreements structure with the different MMEs contributing to the Systems Upgrade in each programme
•The Project Phases and planning
•The management processes to be implemented during the project lifecycle
•The product tree
•The Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and associated Work Package (WP) descriptions
•The planning and associated identification of the Critical Path
•The project schedule up to hand over to the related programmes (still in Phase C/D)
The DMP will rely on the existing management arrangements, the inputs provided by the EUMETSAT Directory of Instruction and the lessons learnt drawn from previous implementations.
2) Support the Project Manager in updating the DMPs for ongoing projects
3) Support establishing and maintaining (with the team leaders of the different MMEs) an overall schedule as well as indicators to track and report progress of the MME Systems Upgrade Project activities
4) Support the MME Systems Upgrade Project Manager in maintaining a Critical Item List during the project lifecycle
5) Support the MME Systems Upgrade Project Manager in managing projects risks
6) Support the Project Manager in the preparation of synthetic progress reports for internal and external purposes
7) Support the Project Manager in the preparation of presentations for internal and external purposes.
8) Support the Project Manager in the preparation and the execution of the Project Reviews from a management standpoint, as well as the organization of dedicated key points.