LSE Space is looking for an Engineer (m/f) filling the role of GMES Sentinel-3 Liaison AIT Engineer in Cannes, France covering the completion of the A and B satellites AIT.
The Sentinel-3 satellite will complete the integration of the platform and the instruments and will undergo the environmental test campaign in Cannes – France.
In order to get timely delivery of a fully verified and compliant system, ESA intends to work in close relation with the industrial Prime Contractor to efficiently follow-up the AIT process. Improved visibility shall allow early risk identification and mitigation and shorter decision loops.
The duties require on-site presence at the Prime Contractor premises (Cannes – France) most of the week in the ESA liaison office, in meetings or in the clean room.
The Liaison AIT Engineer shall report to the Satellite Engineering and AIV Manager and shall be the liaison between the ESA Project team and the Prime Contractor team.
Main tasks of the position will be:
Ensuring the liaison between the Industrial Prime and the ESA Project team, in close collaboration with the Satellite AIT engineer, the duties are in particular:
- To oversee the satellite AIT plan and its implementation.
- To participate on the Customer side to all AIT steps, from preparation (TRR’s) till completion (PTR’s, TRB’s).
- To participate on the Customer side to the follow-up of NCR’s (NRB’s).
- To participate on the Customer side to the regular (e.g. weekly) status meetings between the Prime Contractor and the ESA Project team.
- To regularly meet with and report to the ESA Project on the AIT status and risk areas.
- To participate as observer to the daily AIT meeting and to inform the ESA Team about the short term and long term planning.
- To oversee the configuration status of the hardware, software, databases and GSE’s present in the clean room.
- To maintain the AIT documentation database with the latest revision of all AIT documents (including NCR’s, Minutes of Meetings), their review cycle status.
- To ensure a smooth liaison between the teams for review cycles of documentation and test results.
- To perform background tasks in support to the Project when needed.