LEO System Operations Engineer
| || |
|Project ||Sentinel-3 Ground Segment |
Darmstadt - ESOC
LSE Space AG is looking for an experienced Satellite Systems Operations Engineer, to support our customer in Darmstadt, Germany. The support services will cover the relevant space segment operations engineering activities related to:
· Requirements analysis and operational concept development
· Space Segment mission operations data production and validation
· Mission Planning mission operations data production and validation
· Operational validation
· Support to LEOP and Satellite In-Orbit Validation operations
· Conduct of EUMETSAT System commissioning operations.
Technical University degree in computer science, physics or engineering and/or proven record in system administration.
- Experience of at least 4 years of Spacecraft Operations on Low Earth Orbit (LEO), 3-Axis Stabilised Spacecraft with responsibility for one or more platform subsystems or instruments during operation preparation, LEOP, commissioning or routine operations.
- Experience of LEO satellite mission activity planning/scheduling phases
- Satellite system engineering expertise obtained in the development or operations of instruments
- Experience with development and validation of operational spacecraft procedures for nominal and contingency- recovery cases
- Familiarity with procedure change control process and configuration management of spacecraft operations systems
- Experience in Packet Utilisation Standard implementation as per ECSS-E-ST-70-41C
- Familiarity with SCOS2K control system and MOIS procedure development system
- Programming skills and excellent computer literacy with MS Office packages.
You are self motivating, work in an orderly and disciplined manner and can perform correctly under stress. Furthermore, it would be a distinct advantage if you have experience with some of the following:
- Engineering knowledge of Sentinel 3 platform and/or instrument
- Experience in On-Board Software Management and/or instrument maintenance
- Experience in satellite operations security functions management
- Programming language / Software package such as MATLAB, SPICE, IDL, PV-WAVE, Python
- Experience in development of analysis and reporting tool
|Apply for this position |