Ground Segment Engineer - Sent-3 (m/f)
| || |
Required Start Date
31st December 2014
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
LSESpace is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Ground Segment Engineer for Sentinel-3
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- The Ground Segment Engineer (GSE) shall support the development and maintenance of the S-3 ground segment
- Provide support to the AIV activities during the integration of the S-3 ground Segment
- Coordinating the verification of the new systems and its interfaces into the Operational infrastructure.
- Maintain an up-to-date set of design documents and Interface Control Documents for the operational systems
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification for evolution or major upgrades of the S-3 ground segment.
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
- Development and maintenance of complex operational ground systems, preferably in the area of 24/7 operational remote sensing satellites;
- Experience of ground segments which are designed and developed taking advantage by the re-use of existing generic infrastructure and functional elements;
- System and Interfaces Engineering /AIT experience for the development of major upgrades / new ground systems in a 24/7 operational environment.
- Good knowledge of at least 2 of the following domains and an overview of the others will also be a distinct advantage:
- Networking & Communications
- Satellite Monitoring and Control systems
- Data dissemination and archiving
- Near Real-Time Data Processing
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 31st December 2014 to:
Andrée Scherschel (email@example.com).
| ||Apply for this position |