LSE Space is looking for an experienced Ground Operations Engineer in order to support the Galileo LEOP Services at ESOC in Darmstadt.
The main tasks of the position will be:
• Developing and managing the LEOP mission timeline;
• Preparation for LEOP operations in coordination with Ground Operations Manager, Spacecraft Operation Manager and Operation Director (consulting the operations concept document, interface definitions for the ground elements, scheduling, etc ...);
• Development and review of the ground segment procedures;
• Development of the Galileo Launch Folder;
• Providing specialist advice on the ground segment;
• Development, management and execution of the MRTs, DFTs, Tracking Campaigns.
• Identification, recording, investigation and progression of ground anomalies during the SVTs, MRTs, simulations campaigns and LEOPs;
• Preparation for, and participation in, the simulations campaigns;
• Assistance to the simulations officer to provided specialist ground segment knowledge for the simulations campaigns.;
• Participation in the 5-6 day LEOPs in the role of a Ground Operations Manager, thereby executing applicable Classified and Un-Classified procedures. This will involve shift-working to provide 24 hour support to the spacecraft;
• Provide Ground Segment Support for activities like Risk Analysis, Secure Monitoring Procedures, Incident Investigation, etc., as required.
• Providing any necessary ground segment support to operations in the drift phase of the spacecraft;
• Contribution to the post-LEOP reports.