Data Processing System Engineer - Sent-3 (m/f)
| || |
Required Start Date
31st December 2014
EUMETSAT - Darmstadt
|Technical Requirements || |
LSE Space is looking for an experienced Engineer (m/f) in order to fulfill the duty of
Data Processing System Engineer for Sentinel-3
for our customer EUMETSAT in Darmstadt/Germany.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- Responsible for L0 to L2, DFEP, online QC, Aux. Data Coordination, Mission Performance Monitoring and relevant Statistics and Reporting.
- Support the Sentinel-3 Operations with respect to EUMETSAT’s Marine Payload Data Ground Segment (PDGS) maintenance, in particular anomaly correction and software release process.
- Also responsible for necessary evolution, including the necessary coordination of the data processing systems engineering for the related interfaces with the rest of the Sentinel-3 ground segment.
A University degree in an engineering discipline is required.
|Specific Requirements || |
- Experience in maintaining and engineering the evolution of large scale software systems (mission/instrument data processing
- Knowledge and experience is required in software development lifecycles;
- Use of and application programming of relational database systems in particular ORACLE, INFORMIX, PostgreSQL and MySQL;
- C/C++/Java programming language experience in a UNIX/Linux based environment;
- Knowledge of Scripting languages (Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell);
- Experience with the programming and usage of IDL;
- Experience with CCSDS and TCP/IP protocols;
- Knowledge of XML and related technologies (XPATH, SVG, etc.).
A permanent employment contract.
Competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package.
In line with Asylum & Immigration Legislation, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the EU. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process. Furthermore, in view of the nature of the work the company is in, all potential employees will undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
You are looking for a challenging position in a very interesting, international environment? Then send your application preferably online (CV in Word format) not later than 31st December 2014 to:
Andrée Scherschel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| ||Apply for this position |