Assistant Project Controller in the Management Support Office, Human Spaceflight Operations Department
| || |
International Space Station Operations
Required Start Date
Initial position 2 years, extension possible.
|Technical Requirements || |
The holder of the post reports directly to the Project Controller in the Department’s Management Support Office, and will support the Project Control activities.
Services to be provided
- Support the Project Controller in the area of Cost, Schedule and Risk utilising a set of relevant data bases
- Support the Project Controller in preparing and follow-up the Project Control aspects of Ageny’s tender actions
- Support to the proposal evaluations in terms of verification and analysis of programmatic aspects (cost, price, risk, industrial return and schedule)
- Prepare and maintain the financial part of the contracts, including related Milestone Payment Plans and support the negotiations with industry if required
- Support the Project Controller for participating in Change Control Boards providing the verification and analysis of programmatic aspects
- Work with IT-Tools of ESA in accordance with agreed processes
- Follow-up of the projects progress and keep track of the project schedule status and maintain the current actual and predicted milestone completion dates
- Support to the preparation of the financial contract commitment and the data entry of the milestone payment plans
- Maintain the timely and budgetary Support planning and control of activities in Contract Action Plans
- Interface with all ESA financial internal commitment and payment tools such as SAP, IPCDB, PFMS, etc.
- Collect, enter, process, and update financial, schedule and geo-return related data in the databases
- Support to the industrial invoice and payment verification and control
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of D/OPS standardised project control procedures and computerised information systems
- Support in providing financial and programmatic inputs to periodic and ad hoc reports at Department, Directorate and Agency level
- Ad hoc Project Control related tasks that may arise.
Applicants should have a University (or similar) degree in any discipline covering the tasks of project control (management, sciences, engineering, law…)
The applicant must have some experience in project control, preferably in the aerospace industry. Knowledge of ESA project control tools is highly desirable.
Applicants should have strong communication skills and very good organisational capabilities.
Experience with computer tools is compulsory.
Fluent English is essential and working knowledge of French or German would be an asset.
| || |