LSE Space is looking for an experienced Spacecraft Operations Engineer (m/f) in order to support the MARS Express Mission Control Team at ESOC in Darmstadt.
The MARS Express Mission Control Team requires a Spacecraft Operations Engineer (SOE) to provide support primarily for Mission Planning operations and operational software tools.
The main tasks will be:
The SOE shall perform tasks necessary to Planning Operations in Mars Orbit:
· Contribute to the generation of routine mission planning products;
· Contribute to the process of the medium-term planning cycle in interaction with Flight Dynamics, and with the other Flight Control SOEs for spacecraft preservation.
· Support the interfaces of mission planning within ESOC, with the Science Operations Centre, part of the ESAC Science Ground Segment, and with the scientific community;
· Contribute to the development and/or maintenance of mission planning tools: specification and validation of externally-procured tools; programming for evolution of internal tools;
· Follow up anomalies, test upgrades and new configurations of the Mission Planning tools.
· Contribute to streamlining of the planning and commanding workflow in support to the automation of mission operations.
In addition, the SOE will also be expected to contribute to other Flight Operations:
· Contribute as required to on-board software / On-Board Control Procedures improvement, validation and management, in coordination with the on-board Data handling engineers.
· Perform checking and loading of routine operations products to the spacecraft, on a rotation basis;
· Support spacecraft anomaly resolution or implementation of operational workarounds;
· Contribute to documentation and reporting of mission operations;
· Provide on-call support for spacecraft and mission planning;
· Provide engineering and operations support for designated payload or platform elements.
· Assist the Chief Mission Planner and / or Spacecraft Operations Manager in adapting operations planning and concepts, if required by mission evolution.